- Supervises and coordinates clinical staff for the Home Health Team.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Graduate from an approved school of professional nursing, (BSN Required).
- Current unrestricted WV license to practice as a registered nurse.
- Minimum of five (5) years patient care experience, two of which must be hospice or home care experience or Masters in Health Care Administration and two years of management experience in a health care setting required.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and skills.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
Must be able to travel to and access patient homes where conditions may be adverse due to weather, environment, or patients’ lifestyles. Must be able to continuously stand and walk, frequently squat, climb stairs, bend to the floor, reach over the shoulder, kneel, twist, sit, lift/transfer patients*, and remain in uncomfortable positions for prolonged periods of time. Must have visual acuity sufficient to continuously note changes in patient condition (breathing, color, skin integrity) and to read a thermometer, sphygmomanometer dial, and other instruments. Must have hearing acuity sufficient to auscultate BP, hear verbal instructions and communication from clients, respond to emergency alarms, and answer the telephone. Must be able to concentrate on moderate details with frequent interruptions, attend to specific functions for 10-25 minutes, remember multiple tasks and assignments over an 8–12-hour period, and understand and relate specific ideas and concepts. Must be able to deal effectively with stress, patients and their families, multiple tasks, noise, interruptions, and emotional loss, and to work cooperatively with other members of the team while maintaining a pleasant and professional demeanor.