- Provides nursing care and other support services to patients and families, based on interdisciplinary plan of care under the direction of the Registered Nurse at the In-Patient Units.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Graduate from an approved school of practical nursing.
- Current unrestricted WV license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Minimum of one year nursing experience.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment. Must be able to continuously stand and walk, frequently squat, climb stairs, bend to the floor, reach over the shoulder, kneel, twist, sit, lift/transfer patients*, and remain in uncomfortable positions for prolonged periods of time. (*A patient lift is generally supportive in nature. A total patient lift function is outside of the normal work requirement) Must have visual acuity sufficient to continuously note changes in patient condition (breathing, color, skin integrity) and to read a thermometer, sphygmomanometer dial, and other instruments. Must have hearing acuity sufficient to auscultate BP, hear verbal instructions and communication from clients, respond to emergency alarms, and answer the telephone. Must be able to concentrate on moderate details with frequent interruptions, attend to specific functions for 10-25 minutes, remember multiple tasks and assignments over an 8-12 hour period, and understand and relate specific ideas and concepts. Must be able to deal effectively with stress, patients and their families, multiple tasks, noise, interruptions, and emotional loss, and to work cooperatively with other members of the interdisciplinary team while maintaining a pleasant and professional demeanor.