Job Title: RN Assessment Nurse
Status: Full Time
Supervisor: Tanya Faulkner
Hours: 40 hours per week
Shift: Rotating Schedule as described below – 10 hour shifts
- Week One: Work Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Week Two: Work Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Provides initial nursing assessment and admission (if indicated) on patient referrals to HospiceCare. Coordinates initial services for patients and develops initial plan of care. Participates in on-call schedule and PRN visits as requested by Nursing Supervisor or Administrator of Clinical Services. Performs other related duties as required.
- Graduate from an approved school of professional nursing
- Current unrestricted WV license to practice as a registered nurse.
- Two years of professional nursing experience in hospice/home health preferred.
- CHPN certification preferred.
- Current driver’s license, reliable transportation, and valid automobile insurance required.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
Visual & hearing acuity sufficient to auscultate BP, hear verbal instructions and communication from clients, respond to emergency alarms, and answer the telephone.
Must be able to deal effectively with stress, patients and their families, multiple tasks, noise, interruptions, and emotional loss, and to work cooperatively with other members of the interdisciplinary team while maintaining a pleasant and professional demeanor.
If you are interested in applying for this opening, either:
1 – Fill out the online application below with resume and/or cover letter and submit OR
2 – You can print out our application by clicking here, fill it out, and mail to: HospiceCare, 1606 Kanawha Blvd W., Charleston, WV 25387