HospiceCare continues to monitor the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic and is responding to ensure the well-being of all of our patients, families, volunteers and staff while honoring government rules and recommendations.
Following today’s management meeting to address COVID-19 matters, we have updates to announce:
- Effective immediately all IDTs will be conducted remotely using a conference line. Your supervisor will provide call-in information prior to the specific IDT.
- All grief and loss support groups have been cancelled as most are in excess of the 10 person group limitation suggested by the CDC.
- Individual counseling sessions will replace support groups for the time being to increase our social distancing.
- Effective March 18th, 2020 we will be suspending all volunteer activities for a period of two weeks.
- Last week we chose to suspend all volunteer clinical activities, however, out of an abundance of caution we are expanding this decision to include administrative activities as well.
- At this time we are limiting visitors to our administrative offices and asking the aforementioned screening questions.
- All administrative meetings with outside organizations have been suspended or moved electronically unless it is essential to the operations of HospiceCare.
- We are prepared with additional restrictions and responses should the situation warrant.
- At this time we are strongly encouraging staff to cease all non-essential travel out of state.